Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I need all of your help!!!

One week and one more day and counting... I'm still lost in the midst of the dark shadow... You maybe be wondering what I'm talking about. It's KOKURIKULUM NIGHT...There's a singing competition during that night. First I have to pass the audition of course, which I have to sing a song, which I don't know what song to sing yet. That's when you come in... I need your suggestion on what song to sing. I don't want a song that is...

a) too slow
b) too hippy
c) oldie
d) other than English
e) sung by a lady singer
f) too hard to sing
g) difficult to get a minus one version (a song with music only)

These are the suggestions that Cassandra, Oon Feng, Jeremiah, and other people suggested me to sing:
a) 'Obsessed' by Jeremiah (Which is sooo stupid)
b) 'Never alone' by Cassandra
c) 'This is my home' by Oon Feng
d) 'No boundaries' by Cassandra (Do you know how hard it is too sing that song?)
e) 'Hero' by Oon Feng
A lot more... I've forgotten...

For now, I'm planning to sing the song 'Satu Malaysia' by all the famous singers singing together... It's pretty nice... I love the chorus.... BUT (Why must there be a 'but' in everything that's nice) the song consists of tamil and mandarin lyrics. The mandarin lyrics I can concure but the Tamil part WILL be a BIG PROBLEM

I need you're help to give me suggestions on what song to sing... Please.... HELP ME....

Oh ya... I've forgotten to mention... Only five students will be selected from the audition and get to sing during kokurikulum night. Not only that, the five students will be trained my five teachers ,who can sing of course. I particapated last year but unfortunally I got 5th out of 12 other contestants. All the other contestants were all about form 4 to 6. It was sooo scary. Last year when I sang during the audition, I screwed up the song. Nooo... I taught it was over. In the end, I went to the finals with the other 12 contestants and I screwed up the song AGAIN. Can't blame anyone... The WORSE thing was my Geography teacher, I shall not mention names, was shouting at me to dance cause I was too stiff... Telling you, IT WAS SOOOOOOOO EMBARASSING... After I finish singing, I was so relieve. Collected my trophy and i had to settle for fifth place.

So I desperatelly need you help because
1) I have a terrible voice
2) I'm bad at choosing songs
3) I'm lost
4) I want to win

Actually, I wanted to quit cause I had a feeling i will screw up the song again, make the judges deaf and I really don't want to go down the same old road like last year...

I asked others should I join or not and most of them said yes. Even the teachers from my school asked me to join. Oh gosh, How embarassing it was...

So, PLEASE HELP ME BY GIVING SUGGESTIONS WHAT SONG TO SING and SHOULD I JOIN THE COMPETITION OR NOT and WHY...

Your suggestions will be taken in consideration... Thanx...

1 comment:

  1. you do not have a terrible voice.. don't think like that. just do your best k? don't rely on your own ability too. pray, pick a song that matches your range and you enjoy singing it, and just sing your heart out! i'm sure you'll do well.. let me know how it goes k? :D

    ReplyDelete

Please tell how I did about my blog!!!