Monday, January 12, 2009

A poem dedicated to Yuan Thern

Each time someone strungs guitar strings,
It shall remind me of you,
The time you played for ISCA,
I hope that will be soon.

Those times you encouraged me,
To continue my passion for guitar,
I shall never forget what you told me,
For it was a big start.

So I played for CIDS,
As it was hard,
Not knowing which cords to strum,
And where was the guitar.

With your guidance and help,
You told me where was it,
So now as I play the guitar,
It is still a challenge for me.

I decided to go further,
By trying to sing,
Oh Believe me,
It was not easy.

I sounded bad at first,
That's when you told me never cry,
Always go on and persue your dreams,
And the important thing is from inside.

Then I decided to sing better,
And that's when you gave me advice,
"Lift up your chin",
"And sing from the inside".

I then went on singing for ISCA,
As it was not easy,
There was high expaction and that's when you told me,
Do your best and don't be shy,
Don't sing low but sing high.

As time goes on,
I was told to sing,
To sing up stairs at service,
In front of hundreds of aunties.

I was nervous,
As I was only the boy,
But you were there beside me,
Lifting up my chin and singing along.

One day,
I received the news,
You were not going down under,
But going to a place called London.

I shed tears,
And began to cry,
I couldn't stand losing a friend like you,
Who knew me from the inside.

As you leave,
I just want to say,
Thank for everthing,
Especially all those times you brought me out of despair.

Thanks.....

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate a poem. I wouldnt have wrote it for myself even if i wanted to. But Im glad u did. Thanks man.. Keep whatever ur doing up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell how I did about my blog!!!